Required help in flowview configuration

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

SufianNaeem

Required help in flowview configuration

Post by SufianNaeem »

hello!

I just deployed cacti and installed the flowview plugin. All configuration is done but when I click on the listener option under flowview tab I got an error message. Please help me to solve this issue. Snap is also attached.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
cacti.PNG
cacti.PNG (32.54 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
TheWitness
Developer

Re: Required help in flowview configuration

Post by TheWitness »

Edit your php.ini file and un-comment: error_log and set to /var/www/html/cacti/log/error_log.log then restart apache and execute that action again. There will be errors in that file. Post them here.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
SufianNaeem

Post by SufianNaeem »

Please find below logs.
2023-01-23 01:40:08 - CMDPHP WARNING: Page:flowview_devices.php Generated a Fatal Error:500
2023-01-23 01:40:11 - CMDPHP WARNING: Page:flowview_devices.php Generated a Fatal Error:500
2023-01-23 01:40:11 - CMDPHP WARNING: Page:flowview_devices.php Generated a Fatal Error:500
2023-01-23 01:40:12 - CMDPHP WARNING: Page:flowview_devices.php Generated a Fatal Error:500
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

That looks more like cacti.log vs. error_log.log. Try again.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
SufianNaeem

Post by SufianNaeem »

please check this.

[23-Jan-2023 01:47:24 Asia/Karachi] PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /opt/cacti/plugins/flowview/flowview_devices.php on line 133
[23-Jan-2023 01:47:25 Asia/Karachi] PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /opt/cacti/plugins/flowview/flowview_devices.php on line 133
[23-Jan-2023 01:47:25 Asia/Karachi] PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /opt/cacti/plugins/flowview/flowview_devices.php on line 133
[23-Jan-2023 01:47:26 Asia/Karachi] PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /opt/cacti/plugins/flowview/flowview_devices.php on line 133
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You need to use the develop version located on GitHub, or do the following.

Code: Select all

cd /var/www/html/cacti/plugins
rm -rf flowview
git clone https://github.com/cacti/plugin_flowview.git flowview
chown -R apache:apache flowview

SufianNaeem

Post by SufianNaeem »

thanks for your help. It's resolved now.
Zarphood

Post by Zarphood »

Hello, I have the same issue receiving Error 500 when trying to create a listener
As mentioned earlier I have installed the latest developer version from Github but the problem still exists. Here is my php_errors.log:

[24-Apr-2024 16:45:31 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function flowview_determine_config() in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/service/flow-capture:72
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/service/flow-capture(47): start()
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/service/flow-capture on line 72
[24-Apr-2024 16:45:33 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function flowview_determine_config() in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/service/flow-capture:72
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/service/flow-capture(47): start()
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/service/flow-capture on line 72

Any help is appreciated!

Axel
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Pull this version from this commit.

https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_flowvie ... 501e44d334

We are working on new feature from a volunteer.

Zarphood

Post by Zarphood »

Perfect, that did the trick! Thanks a lot for your quick reply and your great help!

Axel
drewyort

Post by drewyort »

Long time listener, first time caller. :)

I have been trying to get Flowview up and running for a bit and keep running into various errors/issues and I know that some of them are caused by my particular setup, but i think i have ironed them all out except where I am getting stuck at now.

PHP: 8.3.7
Cacti: 1.2.27
Mysql: 8.0.36
Flowview: 3.3

I followed some of the above t-shooting steps and have this in my error_log.log file:

[15-May-2024 09:55:44 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, false given in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/flowview_process.php:102
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/flowview/flowview_process.php on line 102

Additionally, in the cacti logs I see the flowview plugin trying to constantly create tables in the database since they "don't exist", but i can confirm in mysql i am seeing the following:

plugin_flowview_devices
plugin_flowview_dnscache
plugin_flowview_ports
plugin_flowview_queries
plugin_flowview_schedules

Finally, this also shows up in the cacti log (GUI) after a minute or so after enabling the plugin.

CMDPHP ERROR: A DB Row Failed!, Error: Unknown column 'enabled' in 'where clause'

Not sure what else i can share, but i did modify the config.php file to point to the cacti db, using the db username/password combo (think that's working since i saw the above tables created).

Any advice/info would be appreciated. I am new to linux, new to being an app admin, etc, so more detail instructions are appreciated, but not required.
macan
Cacti Pro User

Post by macan »

Is it release 3.3 or actual develop branch?
https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_flowview
If release, please try to update to develop branch.

Your first issue is about PHP8. We need update flowview for php 8. I wil try it at the weekend
Let the Cacti grow!
drewyort

Post by drewyort »

Thank you Macan! I did get the development branch again this morning with no change in the error. I am trying to use as much of the defaults as i can for the install (cacti db, updating the config file to use those credentials) and still getting the message that its trying to create the tables its missing.
macan
Cacti Pro User

Post by macan »

I will try fix it at the weekend. Check https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_flowview/issues/96 in few days
Let the Cacti grow!
Rno
Cacti Pro User

Post by Rno »

quick question:
inside config.php for flowview, did you setup the configuration of the access to the DB using
$use_cacti_db = true;

or did you set it up as
$use_cacti_db = false;

and then enter the credential 'same' as cacti config.php' ?

And can you try, with the setting you have, to check this query with mysql:

Code: Select all

SHOW TABLES LIKE 'plugin_flowview_ports';
thanks
Test
Almalinux
php 8.2.14
mariadb 10.6.16
Cacti 1.2.27
Spine 1.2.27
RRD 1.7.2
thold 1.8