Official Weathermaps 1.0 for Cacti - Looking for beta testers

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bmfmancini
Cacti User

Official Weathermaps 1.0 for Cacti - Looking for beta testers

Post by bmfmancini »

Hello Everyone!

The weathemap plugin is being overhauled we are looking for testers and users of the plugin to help
make the plugin better and bug hunt

@thewitness is making code updates on his repo located here https://github.com/TheWitness/plugin_weathermap

Here are some highlights of what's been added

- Boost support
- New icon set
- Weathermap installs as a 1.x plugin
- new dropdown menus
- PSR PHP code uplift

Telecom Lifer, Monitoring and performance enthusiast, Father, Husband

Cacti Bug Hunter and Member

www.seanmancini.com
sean(at)seanmancini.com
github.com/bmfmancini

My Cacti scripts and templates ( Non official)
Cacti install wizard https://github.com/bmfmancini/cacti-install-wizard
Cacti templates https://github.com/bmfmancini/Cacti-templates

Always willing to help!
eyunb0405

Re: Official Weathermaps 1.0 for Cacti - Looking for beta testers

Post by eyunb0405 »

I want to copy data from production environment to test on test server. What environment is recommended for testing?
cacti uses 1.2.23
PHP version? mariadb version?
thanks
Rno
Cacti Pro User

Post by Rno »

Okay I will giv it a shoot on my test platform
I will upgrade cacti to 1.2.23 first
Test
Almalinux
php 8.2.14
mariadb 10.6.16
Cacti 1.2.27
Spine 1.2.27
RRD 1.7.2
thold 1.8
monitor 2.5
syslog 3.2
flowview: 3.3
weathermap 1.0 Beta
Rno
Cacti Pro User

Post by Rno »

Quick question
how to unzip the plugin_weathermap-develop.zip into weathermap

i mean to overwrite the current config!
Test
Almalinux
php 8.2.14
mariadb 10.6.16
Cacti 1.2.27
Spine 1.2.27
RRD 1.7.2
thold 1.8
monitor 2.5
syslog 3.2
flowview: 3.3
weathermap 1.0 Beta
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I just would do something like the following:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
cd /var/www/html/cacti/plugins
/bin/rm -rf plugin_weathermap
git clone https://TheWitness/plugin_weathermap
/bin/cp -rpf plugin_weathermap/* weathermap
/bin/rm -rf plugin_weathermap
chown -R apache:apache weathermap
Another option as described below would be to:

#!/bin/bash
cd /var/www/html/cacti/plugins
/bin/rm -rf configs
/bin/cp -rfp weathermap/configs .
rm -rf weathermap
git clone https://TheWitness/plugin_weathermap weathermap
/bin/cp -frp configs weathermap
chown -R apache:apache weathermap

There will be some file deleting required afterwards, but that does not get in the way. This "should" preserve all old maps. If you won't want to preserve anything, you could simply wipe out the weathermap directory first, or you could copy out the 'configs' directory before running the script above.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
lpalochka

Post by lpalochka »

Hello. I'd be glad to help testing a new version of the Weathermap. So far I'm getting an error after replacing weathermap 0.98a:

2023-01-12 16:10:05 - CMDPHP ERRORS DETECTED - DISABLING PLUGIN 'weathermap'
2023-01-12 16:10:05 - CMDPHP PHP ERROR Backtrace: (CactiShutdownHandler())
2023-01-12 16:10:05 - ERROR PHP ERROR in Plugin 'weathermap': Uncaught Error: Class 'index' not found in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php:841 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php(529): WeatherMap->LoadPlugins() #1 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php(372): WeatherMap->Reset() #2 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/poller-common.php(360): WeatherMap->__construct() #3 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/setup.php(1111): weathermap_run_maps() #4 /var/www/html/cacti/lib/plugins.php(225): weathermap_poller_bottom() #5 /var/www/html/cacti/lib/plugins.php(83): api_plugin_run_plugin_hook() #6 /var/www/html/cacti/poller.php(825): api_plugin_hook() #7 {main} thrown in file: /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php on line: 841
2023-01-12 16:10:05 - CMDPHP PHP ERROR WARNING Backtrace: (/poller.php[825]:api_plugin_hook(), /lib/plugins.php[83]:api_plugin_run_plugin_hook(), /lib/plugins.php[225]:weathermap_poller_bottom(), /plugins/weathermap/setup.php[1111]:weathermap_run_maps(), /plugins/weathermap/lib/poller-common.php[360]:WeatherMap->__construct(), /plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php[372]:WeatherMap->Reset(), /plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php[529]:WeatherMap->LoadPlugins(), /plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php[822]:include_once(), /plugins/weathermap/lib/datasources/index.php[42]:header(), CactiErrorHandler())
2023-01-12 16:10:05 - ERROR PHP WARNING in Plugin 'weathermap': Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/cacti/lib/functions.php:1381) in file: /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/datasources/index.php on line: 42 
Version 1.2.23
EvilNate

Post by EvilNate »

I am interested in testing this. I am relatively new to Cacti/Weathermap and have installed version 1.2.23 with the plugin. I noticed that after installing I have a new Weathermaps option under the Management tab on the left but after I create a config file, the weathermap option disappears. Also how do I create maps?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Where did you grab it from? Send me a screen shot. Goto the Plugin Management page and see if it disabled itself. If it did, search the Cacti.log for some errors. Post those too.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
EvilNate

Post by EvilNate »

What I did was
1) I downloaded it from your github repository
2) Moved the file to the /cacti/plugins/ directory
3) Extracted the zip
4) Changed ownership to the same user/group as the cacti directory
5) Enabled the plugin in Cacti
6) Verified that I was an admin user and had all weathermap related permissions
7) Went to the Management => Weathermaps and created a weathermap "simple.conf"
8) Navigated to the graphs tab at the top of cacti and then attempted to go back to the weathermap menu and it was gone

Logs and screenshots attached below.

I checked the plugins tab and it is still showing installed/enabled. I can still get to the weathermap page by going to "https://IPADDRESS/cacti/plugins/weather ... n-mgmt.php" in my browser. I am also getting an HTTP ERROR 500 error when I click the title to start the editor.
Attachments
cacti logs.txt
(216.04 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
weathermap editor.PNG
weathermap editor.PNG (14.42 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
cacti weathermap.PNG
cacti weathermap.PNG (21.04 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
EvilNate

Post by EvilNate »

I think I have resolved the permission issues that were causing some of the errors in the logs. I am still getting the error below when I attempt to open the weathermap editor though.

2023-01-16 08:08:22 - ERROR PHP ERROR in  Plugin 'weathermap': Uncaught Error: Class 'index' not found in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php:841 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php(529): WeatherMap->LoadPlugins('data', 'lib/datasources') #1 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php(372): WeatherMap->Reset() #2 /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/weathermap-cacti-plugin-editor.php(281): WeatherMap->__construct() #3 {main} thrown in file: /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/weathermap/lib/WeatherMap.class.php on line: 841
2023-01-16 08:08:22 - CMDPHP PHP ERROR Backtrace:  (CactiShutdownHandler())
2023-01-16 08:08:22 - CMDPHP ERRORS DETECTED - DISABLING PLUGIN 'weathermap'
2023-01-16 08:08:22 - SYSTEM WARNING: Primary Admin account notifications disabled!  Unable to send administrative Email.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Can you please open a bug on GitHub in the Cacti weathermap repository?

https://github.com/Cacti/plugin_weathermap

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Also, your line numbers are not lining up with what I'm seeing. Post a screen grab of that line number in the file in question.

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Also, please pull from Cacti's repo moving forward. I'll be removing my copy shortly.

lpalochka

Post by lpalochka »

Thanks for all the fixes. After applying last commits there's no errors or warnings in log.
Is automatic refresh of the webpage available in weathermap 1.0 like in viewtopic.php?t=61203
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

All watching, beta2 will be available by the end of the weekend.