threshold disabled, but still sending email

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mohammadramadan

threshold disabled, but still sending email

Post by mohammadramadan »

Hello,
I have disabled few thresholds in my setup, and suspended them too. but still sending email notifications.
how to disable a threshold from sending emails other than deleting it.
TIA.
TheWitness
Developer

Re: threshold disabled, but still sending email

Post by TheWitness »

Goto Console > Configuration > Settings > Thold/Alerts and disable Thold data collection.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

The 1.8 version is under development. So, if you are not a developer, download an use the latest tag and not develop.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Post by Osiris »

Pretty sure this was fixed in develop today.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.
mohammadramadan

Thank you, I will download it.
but will this required me to recreate all thresholds again ? or simply disable the plugin and download the new one ?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

No.

mohammadramadan

Hello Witness,
I have went through the process of uninstalling the plugin then downloading the new.
but unfortunately, It deleted all thold staff, like threshold template, thresholds, and settings.
I have vmware, so I reverted again to snapshot and back before any changes.
My question is, Is there a way to backup the thresholds, from web interface or database backup and restore it on the new thold version? it tok so long time to create these tholds?
I know this is taking too long but I have no way else to solve it?
TIA
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Just dump the thold data to a SQL file, then, before you upgrade, restore them and set the version back to say 1.5 (thold):

Code: Select all

UPDATE plugin_config SET version='1.5' WHERE directory='thold';
Then just go to the THold top tab and Cacti will again upgrade attempt to upgrade the plugin. Set the version to whatever version you were at before you tried getting to 1.8 (beta/alpha).